Crystal Lamella • Clear • Sand
by JK3DRegular price$1,475.00 Sale price
Pickup currently unavailable
7.9 x 7.9 x 6.7 Inches, 3 lbs
200 x 200 x 170 mm, 1.37 kg
Limited Edition of 5
JK3D presented the Crystal Lamellas for the first time at The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel , in Venice. The installation was part of the Italian Glass Weeks 2022.
The Crystal Lamella limited edition is currently exhibited at the millstART exhibition in Stift Millstatt, Canrinthia in Austria. The exhibition is open from June until October 2023. The design features 3D printed sand bases in two tones: Ash and Sand.
The Crystal Lamellas feature a digitally crafted 3D design that is inspired by the structure, performance and colors of the gills and lamellae of fungi. The design is 3D-printed spirally as a single shell using only the material required. The Crystal Lamellas emphasizes the uniqueness of natural objects, where no two are alike.
The installation features digitally crafted glass sculptures, which are manufactured by Swarovski, through their cutting-edge glass 3D-printing technology and individually coated with their iconic colorization technologies.
The installation is showcased on a sculpted base that organically embodies the sculptures and is 3D-printed from sand; accentuating the connection between two unique states of a single material, yet in different advanced technologies and a symbiotic form.
- Made with sustainable plant based renewable material
- Made in Los Angeles for North America, and Vienna for Europe and Internationally
- Made with solar and renewable energy
- Lightweight and nearly zero waste in production
Photos from Events and Exhibitions
- 3d printed glass vase.
- 3D Printed sand base, Sand.
- Care and Use instructions.
- US orders are manufactured just-in-time at our solar-powered lab in California, USA.
- EU, UK and Middle East orders are manufactured just-in-time at our clean-energy powered studio in Vienna, Austria.
Free Shipping in the US, Europe and Canada.
Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for the creation of your unique piece.
Connect for local pick-up and international orders.
Designed and created by Julia Koerner & Austin Fields in Los Angeles.
Photography: JK3D, Naomi Neururer
Copyright JK3D 2023. JK3D is a registered trademark.